Feature Release Coming Soon
Posted by: Carson Gee
Formunculous 2.2.0 will probably be the last feature release without any database schema changes that Django makes somewhat problematic. This means this release will focus primarily on interface improvements and enhancements to existing features.
Here is a short list of some of the upcoming features and bug fixes:
- Template tag for including forms in any Django Template.
- Pre and Post text in forms will now render as templates. Allowing you to include template tags and filters in your form HTML.
- Updated CK Editor for WYSIWYG editing of HTML fields.
- Dropdown selection ordering of fields (will be further enhanced in model changing release).
- Icons for each of the field types to make identification of fields easier.
- Yes/No questions are now displayed as icons instead of True/False or 0/1.
- Reviewer list in form definition configuration page has been greatly enhanced (searchable and alphabetically sorted).
In addition to those features, here are some of the bug fixes:
- Storage system didn't work when file type fields had the same slug, even if in different application definitions.
- If optional file type field is left blank, the reviewing and thank you pages threw a template error.
- Form building checkbox labels weren't done properly.
- Language on the confirmation screen of authenticated forms caused user confusion.
With any luck, this release should become available within a few weeks. There are one or two features left to write, and then considerable integration testing.